Dry January Inspiration
The Mindful Cook is here with a couple of tasty drink ideas to get us through Dry January!
I went out to a bar this week and actually ordered a cup of tea – yes you read that right TEA!
Dry January can be a bit of a bore but it helps justify the rest of the year’s over indulgence. Luckily we have Josie Buck aka The Mindful Cook on board to inspire us with a couple of tasty alternatives and help us to survive the long winter nights until February.
The Muddy Bloody:
A great healthy alternative to a Bloody Mary. Plus if you pop an umbrella and a stick of celery in it you feel like you’re drinking the real thing (almost…)
- 200ml V8 Vegetable juice
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Dash of Tabasco
- ½ Teaspoon of Worcester Sauce
- Fresh mint leaves and a slice of orange to dress
Pop all the liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker, shake and pour into a glass to serve. Dress with fresh mint leaves and a slice of orange.
- Plant based milk – almond or coconut are best (carton not tin)
- Honey – teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – teaspoon
- Cinnamon – half a teaspoon
- Ginger – pinch
- Vanilla essence – teaspoon
- Gently heat enough plant based milk to fill your favourite mug.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and stir to melt.
- Pour a little of the milk into your cup and add 1 heaped teaspoon of turmeric powder, half a teaspoon of cinnamon, a good pinch of ground ginger and a teaspoon of good quality vanilla essence. Stir to mix well.
- Once the remaining milk is hot, pour it into the mug stirring continually to mix well. If you have a latte frother, use this to give it a lovely creamy froth.
- Sit back, feet up, enjoy!
A quick one from me – flavoured tonic water is my go to this month. Rhubarb & Ginger or Elderflower are my personal favourites, simply take a large gin glass fill with ice and pour!