Grab your stilettos and come with me on a journey to the coolest, quirkiest and most awesome restaurants, pop-ups, pubs, hotels, boutiques, shows, festivals, kids activities, spas, day trips and events across Norfolk.
My background is journalism, TV and PR, firstly in London and, since my first daughter was six months old, back in Norwich – UNESCO City of Literature (and free parental child care) where I live with my partner, three girls and bouncy cockador Fletcher.
Now I’m the editor of Muddy Norfolk and loving every moment of being part of the award-winning Muddy Stilettos, a site that started out as a bit of fun for journalist Hero Brown in Bucks & Oxon back in 2011, and has since turned into an indispensable guide to the very best restaurants, walks, boutiques, day trips, hotels, interiors and events in 21 counties.
Ps. This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from Muddy Norfolk:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself, I let you know that’s the case.
- I don’t write advertorial. This means I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at email@example.com and @muddynorfolk.
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. But if you’re not good enough, I won’t write about you in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial site and accepts advertising and payment to feature products and brands. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
I hope you love the site. Please tell your friends about it and sign up for my splendiferous free posts delivered to your inbox to be the first to know about all the cool stuff happening in your area!