Well Hello! I’m Lily and I am delighted to be able to bring my Muddy Norfolk readers the coolest, quirkiest and downright unmissable in restaurants, spas, hotels, events, day trips, family fun and weekend escapes across the beautiful county of Norfolk. There is so much to enjoy here – from street food pop-ups and gastro-heaven pubs, to amazing local theatre, arts and festivals, as well as a bounty of glorious places to stay and visit, against a backdrop of breathtaking landscape. I’ll be your discerning eye for everything and anything that’s happening – and intend to ensure your precious spare time is spent in a fun and memorable way – ehem, no pressure then!
My 20s were spent working in hospitality in both New York and London, including the infamous and exclusive Groucho Club, Quaglino’s, Julies and 192. I ‘played’ the drums in a music video for Sting, had a stint of slightly self-conscious modeling for Agent Provocateur and learnt how to free-pour cocktails alongside the legendary barman and inventor of the world-famous espresso martini, Dick Bradsell. I went on to work in book publishing, PR, communications and journalism and after a decade in London decided to drag my London-born husband back to my beloved Norfolk, where we now enjoy country life with our two boys, cocker spaniel Oreo, two displeased cats and one neglected but apparently immortal goldfish.
Ps. This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from Muddy Norfolk:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself, I let you know that’s the case.
- I don’t write advertorial. This means I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and @muddynorfolk.
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. But if you’re not good enough, I won’t write about you in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial site and accepts advertising and payment to feature products and brands. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
I hope you love the site. Please tell your friends about it and sign up for my splendiferous free posts delivered to your inbox to be the first to know about all the cool stuff happening in your area!