Fancy Joining Muddy
Muddy Norfolk is looking for a brilliant intern and self-confessed culture vulture. Is it you, or someone you know?
It’s a tough old job breaking into the media, especially when you live in the sticks and then who can afford to pay London rents and intern at the same time? Anyone? *tumbleweed*
Here’s a solution. Muddy Norfolk is looking for a brilliant Norfolk-based intern who is a self-confessed culture vulture. Preferably an arts/media/English student or graduate (but not necessarily), the most important thing is that you can write light, tight, grammatically correct copy.
The right person will receive training in SEO, imagery & Word Press plus guidance, support and references from a growing media brand with a national reach.
Key roles & responsibilities
Helping to create What’s On Guides — researching, writing and finding suitable images, plus scheduling on Facebook and Twitter, and possibly some emailing.
Maintaining a fully up-to-date diary of events across the county, from exhibitions to gigs, courses to craft shows. You’ll need to have your ear to the ground on the fun stuff happening in Norfolk.
Writing regular “super flashy newsflash” style pieces that will tell readers the latest gossip on people, places and new openings.
– First and foremost you’ll be a fab writer, with a sense of humour, everything else comes second.
– You’ll also have a good eye for imagery and will need to source and check copyright with various businesses (guidance will be given on this).
– You’ll be highly organised, accurate, with great attention to detail.
– You’ll have a strong sense of what events will be of interest to Muddy Norfolk readers.
– A knowledge of social media for business will also be hugely helpful in this role.
– Some degree of knowledge of Word Press/scheduling for social media/ SEO will help (for the right candidate I can give training for this).
– You’ll need a laptop.
I want this to be a fab and fun opportunity for someone, with the flexibility of being able to work from home at hours that suit, although I’d need us to meet somewhere convenient once a week, or fortnightly for routine catch-ups (are you familiar with Muddy-friendly coffee stops with strong Wifi?!).
Please do get in touch with your CV and a short What’s On sample paragraph, that you think would work for the Muddy Guide.
I’m all ears! firstname.lastname@example.org