My 10 favourite inspirational Gok - isms - print them out ladies and live by these wonderful life mottos!
If you’re looking for style motivation and a confidence boost then I can highly recommend spending an afternoon with the gorgeous Gok Wan and 200 + women seeking fashion empowerment!
A sea of animal print confronted me as I walked into a room buzzing with excitement and energy at the ‘One Size Fits All’ fashion event. Style guru Gok soon had the prosecco guzzling crowd whipped into a fabulous frenzy of girl power with his potty-mouthed wit and wisdom.
The fashion show highlighted the importance of high street boutiques and we’re lucky in Norfolk to be bursting with fab indies. Many have been nominated in the past for our Muddy Awards but once again it made me think that I should be getting myself out an about and visiting the likes of Auburn in Beccles, Amika in Alysham, Boo Boutique in Thorpe St Andrew and The Style Show in Eaton.
The makeover slot was really quite emotional and showed how fashion can impact lives. One lucky lady left with a huge confidence boost and a truck load of freebies from Intu Chapelfield.
For me, Gok’s energy and inspiration made this a great event. So in honour of the day – here’s my 10 favourite Gok-isms. Print them out ladies and live by these wonderful life mottos!
- When you wake up in the morning, take 10 minutes to lay and smile!
- For the mums out there – before you start to lose confidence in your body, remember how incredible it is to have grown a life.
- “Mutton dressed as lamb” is a negative phrase developed by middle aged men wearing badly fitted suits.
- There are no fashion rules at 50 – wear what you like if it makes you feel great.
- If I was to be born again, I’d come back as myself. Otherwise I wouldn’t be practising what I preach.
- Who wants to be a perfect plastic rose? A real one with imperfections is much more loved.
- I love spooning (who doesn’t??)
- Other people’s opinions are important because they connect people. However only listen to the positive ones – you don’t want the negative people in your life anyway.
- On dealing with negative criticism – record a message telling that person how they’ve hurt you and asking why they feel the need to be so mean. Then delete it and you’ll feel like you’ve had the last word.
- Gok for Prime Minister – The Banger Party!
Ps. Check out www.shopstyle.co.uk – It’s the stylists best friend and will help you find whatever fashion item you’re looking for!