Put your best fashion foot forward
Guess whose been asked to judge the 'Best Dressed' and Headline 'Hat' at the Royal Norfolk Show this year??
You’ve got it – ME ME ME (Eeeeeek with excitement)
This year Muddy Stilettos Norfolk will be joining the esteemed style panel and together we’ll be scouring the show-ground on the hunt for those show-stopping outfits. So whether you’re inspired by country-chic, vintage glamour or the latest high-street trends, this is your opportunity to stand out from the crowd.
And to make it even more fun, the lovely sponsors ‘intu Chapelfield’ have some fantastic fashion prizes to give away. On each day, two Best Dressed show goers will receive a £250 intu gift card, with a further £100 intu gift card going to the owner of the Headline Hat.
The initial excitement of being asked to be on the panel has settled and now the panic and fear has set in – “what on earth am I going to wear???”
Luckily the style team at intu Chapelfield have given us some great show stopping style tips!!
Top tips for creating a Show-ready look:
1. Polka dots are a big trend for 2018 and so versatile; think midi skits, wrap dresses or mix up your spots with clashing prints or a solid separate. Zara and River Island have some lovely spotty pieces.
2. The Crayola trend is also big this season with bright, bold blocks of colour, in cobalt blue, emerald green or tomato red. Not feeling brave enough for a full-colour look? Then add a bright pop to a neutral outfit. Invest in a new handbag, block heel or statement earring to bring your look up to date. Your go-to stores for this trend are Monsoon and Accessorize.
3. Dresses are this year’s wardrobe warrior, and always popular at the show. But why not go in a different fashion direction to the crowds and opt for a suit or co-ord? These pieces are making a big impact in stores. Head to Zara, River Island and H&M to pick out double breasted blazers, linen co-ords and two pieces in cute pastel colours for a lovely summer look. Add some height with heels or wedges and you’re good to go!
4. Talking of footwear, as much as we LOVE a stiletto heel, they may not be your best friend for the Royal Norfolk Show and are guaranteed to get muddy (we don’t mind do we ladies)! Luckily, there are some fantastic flats and mid-heels in intu Chapelfield’s stores this summer 2018. From kitten to block heels, open toes to full-fronted mules, the choice of stylish, show-friendly footwear is immense. Don’t be afraid to mix it up with a statement shoe, especially if your outfit is simple.
5. Not forgetting the chaps! Don’t be reserved guys, stand out from the crowd and wow the style spotters with a gorgeous bow tie or super-cool brogues. There are some bold coloured suits on the high street too which will certainly catch the eye! Millennial Pink remains a hot tailoring trend this summer, 80’s boxy jackets and vertical stripes are ‘in’ too. Head to Boss for a sharp new suit, or House of Fraser for a brilliant range of menswear brands.
6. How often do you get to wear a hat or a fascinator? Limited to weddings and days at the races, the Royal Norfolk Show is all about the headwear. Thankfully, the ‘matchy matchy’ days are gone! So no need to opt for hat, handbag and shoes in an identical hue. Instead, your headwear should bring an additional dimension to your look and make a real statement. A 70’s inspired, wide-brimmed hat will complement a floaty dress whereas a more structured hat will look awesome with a more tailored outfit.
7. Above all, wear an outfit that makes you feel confident, fabulous and reflects your style. And whatever the weather, if you’re in your wellies or your wedges, remember every pathway at the Royal Norfolk Show is really a catwalk!
The fashion stakes are always high at the Show so I can’t wait to see what Norfolk has to offer! All you need to do is stop by the judging area in front of the RNAA offices at 2.50pm on both days of the Royal Norfolk Show, give us a twirl and enjoy a complimentary glass of fizz with me and the rest of the intu Chapelfield style spotting team.
Looking forward to seeing you all!!!