Pimp up your party nibbles with this delicious Ferrero-Rochér recipe from the Dial House!
Move over devilled eggs and prawn vol au vents, the Farmyard/Dial House dream team – Andrew Jones (Exec Chef) and Dan Herbert (Head Chef) are wowing us with their clever canapés class this Wednesday 21 November.
There are a few spaces left and here’s a sneaky peak at one of the yummy recipes you’ll be mastering – mmmm monsieur you are spoiling us!
Book tickets £60 (includes two course lunch) or call 01603 879900 / email email@example.com
300g granulated sugar
250ml double cream
20g salted butter (softened)
Pinch of Maldon salt
300g 55-60% cocoa chocolate
1. Toast the hazelnuts in a 160deg oven for 7-8mins until golden. Allow to cool and crush with a rolling pin to a fine rubble.
2. Heat the sugar in a clean, dry pan over a medium heat until golden and remove from heat before it starts smoking.
3. Carefully add half the cream to the pan. It will boil rapidly then subside.
4. Return to the heat and add the remaining cream, whisk in the butter and salt until all the caramel has dissolved and is completely smooth.
5. Pour into a flat tray and allow to cool to blood temp.
6. Mix in the Nutella and transfer to a piping bag with a plain 1cm nozzle.
7. Pipe 1cm wide strips onto a flat baking tray lined with parchment paper. Chill until set
8. Cut the caramel into 2cm lengths, roll into balls and return to the fridge
9. Melt the chocolate over a Bain Marie
10. Using a fork dip the caramel into the melted chocolate and then roll through the crushed hazelnuts
Serve at the ambassador’s reception or be super mum and offer up as a treat for your mini ambassadors!