Wouldn’t you though
If, like me, names like Jemima Puddle-Duck, Squirrel Nutkin and Peter Rabbit bring back warm, happy childhood memories, then you’re going to love this limited edition box set by gift website ijustloveit.co.uk.
Launched to commemorate 150 years since the birth of Beatrix Potter, the box set is a one-of-a-kind tribute to one of the world’s best loved children’s authors, and contains (this will impress you):
- A Royal Mint 150th Anniversary Peter Rabbit silver proof 50p coin
- A limited edition copy of the original privately printed tale, ‘The Tale of Peter Rabbit,’ printed in four colours
- 37 black-and-white line drawings, smyth-sewn in 16-page sections which are self-ended, pale blue pattered endpapers, hand-numbered in printed box on front endpaper
- A fax edition of The Times newspaper – dated 28th July 1866
- A fax edition of the cover of The Times newspaper – dated 30th July 1866, which includes the birth announcement of Beatrix Potter
- A replica of Beatrix Potter’s letter to Noel Moore, personalised with the recipient’s name
I mean, WOW. And just look at this lovely box:
Should we take a look inside folks?
Here’s a closer look at the coin:
And the hardback book:
If you can think of a better, or more original gift, then I’ll eat my own bodyweight in muddy carrots – that’s a lot!
Alongside the limited edition box, IJustLoveIt.co.uk will also be launching a new Peter Rabbit book to help mark the anniversary: ‘Peter Rabbit’s Little Guide to Life’. The book is a stunning powder-blue hardback collector’s edition and is presented in a vintage-pastel commemorative box, which also features silver embossing. It can be personalised with any name, as well as a message on the opening page.
‘Peter Rabbit’s Little Guide to Life’ is a life guide for the young and the old, with the narrative following the iconic rabbit and his friends as they learn to deal with a variety of everyday life situations in the world of Peter Rabbit, including how to keep clothes clean, how to save money and how to deal with difficult situations in a vintage, tongue-in-cheek way.
Retailing at £499.99, the special box set is available to buy now, with the book available to purchase on the website in early August – the price and exact release date are yet to be confirmed.
Kevin Sears, Ecommerce Director at IJustLoveIt.co.uk, said: “Generation after generation has grown up with the Beatrix Potter novels in their bookcases, and more specifically, Peter Rabbit. Adults and children alike have fond memories of the author’s loveable characters.
“The fact these box sets will only be available in a limited quantity means that, when a die-hard fan gets their hands on them, it’ll result in a unique keepsake that can be passed through generations for everyone to enjoy.”
With just 250 of these unique gift sets released for sale, fans of Peter Rabbit should – er – hop to it (sorry!).