Saddle up: The Muddy Awards are a comin’
Roll that drum, readers!
Dig out your Dior, polish that crystal and put the champers on ice, because the Muddy Awards are rolling into town. We want to shout from the rooftops (hard in heels, but we’ll give it our best shot) about Norfolk’s indy businesses in all their quirky, unmissable, glorious erm, glory – from food producers to destination pubs, fabulous theatres to fashion boutiques.
Last year was our first year of awards in Norfolk but they’ve been going for five years in Bucks and Oxon and this year they’re running simultaneously across 18 counties including, of course, us – so grab those ear defenders because there’s going to be some serious buzz. Here’s the info you need:
1. Anyone can nominate a business and entry is gratis, nada, free as a bean; time to pull on that fetching Philip Treacy number and think about who should be up for an award.
2. Nominations open at Muddy Norfolk from midday, Weds 3 May and are open until Fri 26 May 2017. There will be a special on-line form on the website so that you can vote during this first round. If you’re a business who’d like to get involved ask a friend to nominate you and you’re away.
3. We then count up the nominations we’ve received and produce a top 5 under each category based on the quantity of votes received in the first round. Then we enter round 2 which runs from Weds 7 – 14 June, and we invite all Mudsters to go into a refreshed voting page and cast your vote for your Muddy Awards 2017 winner of each category.
4. Many of the 26 Muddy Awards 2017 categories are niche, deliberately included to help the cool, small indie businesses who don’t get a look in during bigger, more traditional awards, so *please-please-beg-weep-please* take time to scroll through them and vote in as many categories as you can. It could make all the difference to a brilliant local business.
5. Winners will be announced on Weds 14 June. They will receive a unique Muddy Stilettos certificate, Awards window rosette and lots of help gaining coverage in regional and social media.
6. Stay tuned for details on the Awards Ceremony, which last year was hosted at the wonderful and chic Warwick Street Social.
2017 AWARDS CATEGORIES:
Best… Art Gallery; Bar; Beauty Salon; Bookshop; Boutique Hotel; Café; Children’s Store; Complementary Therapy Centre; Day Spa; Deli/Farm Shop; Destination Pub; Family Attraction; Fitness Instructor; Florist; Local Food Producer; Gift Shop; Hair Salon; Interiors; Jewellery Store; Mens’ Store; Photographer; Restaurant; Theatre; Wine Shop; Women’s Store; Yoga/Pilates Studio