What’s Next for The Muddy Awards?
Roll that drum and listen up everyone!
The first round of the Muddy Awards closed on Wednesday 24 May, wondering what’s next?
- Firstly: the long job of counting up thousands of votes to determine who has made it through to the final – there will be five finalists in each of the 27 categories, those with the most votes making it through. I am going through everything with a fine tooth comb right now to make sure the final five are legitimate – some categories are really close.
2. This list will be ready on Monday 5 June here:
- On the newsletter – if you aren’t signed up already, go onto the homepage and put your email address in where it reads ‘sign me up’
- On here – keep an eye on the homepage for a new post naming all the finalists (in the Spotlight section)
- On Facebook
- On Twitter
- Via email – all finalists will receive an email to say that they have made it through
3. We will then enter round 2, which runs from Weds 7 – 14 June. Voting will continue as before but this time you will be able to watch the votes tot up live on the site – this is the exciting part! You’ve only got a week at this point to make it through so you’ll need to keep up the good work.
4. Once we hit 14 June, you’ll be able to see who has won – we will also email the winners directly.
5. Then, it’s party time (yay!). Winners’ drinks will take place as follows:
Date: Thurs 22 June
Where: The Garden, The Kings Head, Letheringsett
Click here to read a our review of the venue
What’s on the menu: Mocktails, Fizz, Nibbles
What you’ll get: Certificate, window stickers, the chance to have your photograph taken
Best… Art Gallery; Bar; Beauty Salon; Bookshop; Boutique Stay; Café; Children’s Store; Complementary Therapy Centre; Day Spa; Deli/Farm Shop; Destination Pub; Family Attraction; Fitness Instructor; Florist; Glamping Site; Local Food Producer; Gift Shop; Hair Salon; Interiors; Jewellery Store; Mens’ Store; Photographer; Restaurant; Theatre; Wine Shop; Women’s Store; Yoga/Pilates Studio
Muddy Stilettos, what’s that then?
Muddy Stilettos is the most influential lifestyle blog in the South of England. Started in 2012 by ex Independent and Red journalist Hero Brown to cover events and businesses in Bucks & Oxon, the blog has since expanded into a further 16 counties – Berkshire, Cambs, Cornwall, Devon, Glos, Hampshire, Herts, Kent, Leics, Northants, Norfolk, Somerset, Surrey, Sussex, Warwickshire & Wiltshire.
Muddy Stilettos was one of 8 Finalists in the Best Arts & Culture category of the UK National Blog Awards 2017.